Systems researcher with a keen interest in high-performance networked computer systems. My research interests lie in the area of host dataplane acceleration including kernel-bypass I/O frameworks, userspace network (TCP/IP, UDP/IP) and storage (NVMe) stacks, RDMA, scheduling, device drivers etc. I have also conducted research in systems security, focussing on hybrid capability systems and compiler-assisted application compartmentalization frameworks.
- Response Time Fairness for cloud-hosted Financial Exchanges: solving fairness and latency issues in modern clouds to accommodate financial workloads.
- Network-Stack-as-a-Service: A containerized user-level network stack for fast, secure, developer-friendly message-based communication of applications in contemporary cloud environments.
- Compiler-based optimizations for cloud SDN policy rulesets.
- Over-the-network disaggregation of 5G PHY and MAC layers to enable cloud-native 5G vRANs (workload migration, resilience, elasticity).
- Performance optimization, and instrumentation of custom RDMA-based storage stacks, RDMA telemetry for Azure, NIC drivers.
Worked on host data plane acceleration for high-performance networking. Used custom kernel-bypass frameworks and built part of a production low-latency userspace packet switching engine and software NIC.
Lab design and implementation for network performance emulating thousands of clients using load balancers, complex network topologies, opensource and proprietary traffic generators on top of 10GbE hardware. Aslo worked on application and kernel optimizations to scale network performance.
Designed and implemented a new model for TrustedBSD Audit, that allows multiple audit facilities, supporting new logging mechanisms and attributes (Kernel space implementation & patches to libbsm FreeBSD library). I have extended this project to support a prototype audit subsystem for the FreeBSD jails.
Responsible for Bytemobile European Development Center’s core IT infrastructure: gateways, dns, policy-based routing, firewalls and other services.
Fellowship (and funding) to recognize important contributions in systems & networking.
Fellowship and funding to support research on network and storage stack specialization for performance (joint work with Robert N.M. Watson).